What is a User?
Within SimplyComp a user is anyone that meets any of the following criteria:
- Needs login access to the system
- Is assigned to a plan
- Will have results calculated for them
There are three types of users that can be added within SimplyComp:
- Sales Representative: This role can only see their own information. This role has no ability to edit data within the system.
- Xactly Administrator: This role role gives full access to the system to manage Plans, Data, and Results of all users in the system. An Admin cannot be assigned to a plan and therefore cannot generate their own commission in the system.
User Categorization fields allow you to normalize and analyze your data across all of your users. By selecting from predefined lists, it is easier to compare your various populations of users and derive critical insights.
- Job Function: Typically the department the user works in at the company.
- Title Category: The type of role they fill at the company.
- Contributor Level: Individual Contributor or Manager
- Experience Level: The amount of experience a given user has.
- Market: The type of companies a user is selling to.
- Base Salary: A fixed payment amount that can be paid monthly, semi-monthly, weekly, depending on the company's policy.
- Target Variable Pay:Is the amount of pay that is "at risk". Meaning, it is not a guarantee that you will be paid this amount, rather it is tied to your behavior and is a reward. Typically this takes the form of Commissions and Bonuses.
- Start Date at Company: The date the user was hired.
- Start Date in Role: The date the user started in their current position at the company.
- End Date in Role (Optional): If the user leaves their role, the date they left the role.
User Tab Options
At the top of the users tab there is an options menu. These options apply to the Users page. Below is an overview of the various options.
- Download Template: This will provide an Excel file template that be filled out with your User information and imported into the system. Only new users can be added via the import (i.e. user updates are not supported via upload). The Excel template will enforce the integrity of required fields.
- Upload Users: Leveraging the downloaded template, you can import your users into the system. The file format can be either CSV or XLS for user imports. You must use the User Template to successfully import users (i.e. there is no mapping screen for user imports).
- View Users Sheet: The user sheet will give you a spreadsheet-like interface for viewing your users. Users can be edited by clicking on the User Name column.
User Specific Options
On each User row there is an option menu. These options apply to that specific user only. Below is an overview of the various options:
- Deactivate Account: If a user is currently activated, this will lock them out of the system. If they attempt to login after being deactivated, they will receive an error message. Once a user is deactivated, you must click 'Activate Account' to send a new email to the user that will allow them to set their password.
- Activate Account: If a users is either not activated or locked, this option will send them an email that will allow them to set a password and login to the system. The status will show "pending" until they set their password.
- Reset Password: If a user has forgotten their password, you can send them a new email that will allow them to set a password and login to the system.
- Resend Activation:If a user has been activated but has not yet set their password (i.e. are in a 'pending' status) you can resend the activation link. This is helpful because activation links expire after 24 hours.
Editing a User
- Locate the user on the User page.
- Click on their name.
- A popup will appear with their user details.
Convert to Salesforce SSO
If you use Salesforce, and wish to login via SSO rather than with a username and password, reach out to support to help you convert your account. Converting your account to SSO allows you to login to your Salesforce instance, and then login via salesforce in the SimplyComp login page. After selecting this option, you will be automatically logged into your SimplyComp instance without having to enter a username and password.
You NEED to login via Salesforce if you wish to import data from Salesforce, or sync your results up to Salesforce.
Note: Once you convert your account, you cannot go back to logging in via username and password.