Uploading Multiple Users
It is easy to upload all of your users via a template. You can easily download the template from within SimplyComp. If you aren't ready to upload your own users into SimplyComp, you can leverage this sample file of users. Note: if you are going to use the sample file of users, you will need to add an email address and username for the users to the file prior to uploading it.
How to Import Users
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the Users page.
- Select Download Template.
- The template has two sheets. The columns in the Picklist Key (Sheet 2), show the values that can be populated into columns in the Template (Sheet 1). There cannot be blank columns in this import. Choose the best fitting option.
- Once all the users are added to the template, save the template as an Excel file or CSV.
- Return to SimplyComp.
- Click Upload Users from the menu.
- Select your file and import your users.
Adding a Single User
How to Add a User
- Navigate to the Plans tab
- Click the "Users" option on the sidebar.
- Click on the plus sign in the bottom right hand corner of the Users page.
- A 'new user' popup will appear.
- All of the fields with an asterisk need to be filled out. Find out more about the required fields on a user record here.
Things to Note
✓ Who needs to be a user? If a payment is generated for someone, they will need to be a user.
✓ Adding a user does not activate them. Inactivated users can be added to plans and generate commissions. If you do not want people to have the ability to login to the system, do not activate them.
✓ Username best practice: If you use Salesforce, use the user's Salesforce email address as their SimplyComp Email Address as well. This will allow them to use the Single Sign On capabilities. It is suggested (but not required) to have the Email address also be the User Name.
✓ Permission Sets: If a user has the Administrator permission set, they will not have a dashboard and they will not be able to be added to plans. If the system admin will have payments generated for them, add any of the other two permission sets to their user details as well.