What is a Quota?
Quotas are metrics or goals that can be met to provide an incentive or produce an outcome, such as a commission or bonus. Quotas can be tracked at various frequencies which are derived from the specific type of calendar you've selected. For example, if you have a standard monthly calendar your quotas can be: Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annual, and Annual. If you have a standard weekly calendar your quotas can be: Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Annual.
When creating or editing a quota, there are three (3) required fields.
- Quota Name: The name of the quota is visible in dashboard and on reports.
- Quota Category: Quota Category is a predefined list of quota types we’ve seen used across various industries. We use a predefined list because it allows us to normalize the data for reporting purposes.
- Quota Type: Quota types allow you to specify if your quota value should be:
- Currency: Currently all values are in USD (e.g. $1.23)
- Number: Value with two decimal places (e.g. 1.23)
- Integer: Value with no decimal places (e.g. 1)
- Quota Values: The numeric value of the specific quota.
Additionally, you can select the Quota Frequency by clicking the "+" button in the lower left hand of the Quota screen. This will add a new worksheet for that specific quota. Quota's of different frequencies are managed on different worksheets due to the different columns required.